Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Wieder Hier in Graz (15th-16th July 2014)


Here again in Graz! Back to my Austrian home to show my family around. It's funny because I never really did one proper photo album of Graz the way that I did the rest. Guess it's because of the "home city" syndrome. Regardless, this was one shot at it, albeit with my little sister's camera.

Coincidentally, as I'm uploading these, it's also the start of the new term in Graz this week. While it's a little emotional to bring these up again, I'm just thankful of all the wonderful brothers and sisters who made Graz my second home! I've intentionally left out tear-jerking photos.

The icon of Graz may be the Uhrturm but I chose the Graz Rathaus as the album cover because this was the first Graz landmark I set foot upon on a freezing cold and rainy evening when I first arrived.

Das Grazer Rathaus is actually the new town hall because the old one, built in the Jewish quarter was too small. It was built in a Renaissance style in 1550. It is now the office of the Graz mayor, council and city administration. They've kept up Graz's student city tradition

Here's my day in Graz with my family, after we took a 45-minute drive from Maribor up north into Styria.


With my family just outside FH Joanneum. It's older than SMU alright, just 5 years older though. Best part of this was that home was just next door at Greenbox :)


Brought them up to Schlossberg via the Schlossbergbahn because it's not easy to convince all of them to climb up.


Another one with my family. This time, with the iconic Uhrtum!

Graz is Austria's second largest city at 127.56 kilometres square. The entire city along with Schloss Eggenberg is on UNESCO's list of World Cultural Heritage Sites,


Glad I got to say goodbye to Chris, Daniel, Nora and Julian before heading off. Here's the Rainbow that said goodbye to me just before we drove out of Graz.

Seeing the rainbow brought tears to my eyes. But I was certain they were tears of joy. While it's sad to say goodbye, I was joyful, grateful and thankful for everything I've learnt and experienced. The brothers and sisters I've met made it all the more special. You have all been a blessing to me!

Graz, danke für alles. Tchüss baba, bis bald!


Archive: From 24th June 2014 in Wien

Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde in Wien (Society of Friends of the Music in Vienna) and the Wiener Musikverein. The "Great Hall" (Groß Saal) is home to the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra and is one of the finest concert halls in the world.


Archive: From 24th June 2014 in Wien

Karlskirche (St. Charles' Church) seen from Karlsplatz. One of the most outstanding Baroque church in the whole of Vienna. Regarded as one of the greatest buildings in Wien, it is famous for the 2 flanking columns of bas-reliefs along with its dome, which has the form of an elongated ellipsoid.


After leaving Graz in the evening on 15th, it was straight to Vienna for the night before getting ready for the next leg.

Still had a bit of time in the morning on 16th so I brought my family to the Hofburg to have a look around.

Seen here is the Wien Äußeres Burgtor, which translates to "outer castle gate". It is the "gate" by which you enter Heldenplatz towards the Hofburg from Ringstraße.


The section of the Neue Burg that leads to the rest of the Hofburg. On the inside, it houses the Festsaal (Festival Hall), the biggest hall in the whole of the Hofburg.

And that was it for Wien, as we headed to Schwechat, where the airport was for an outbound flight to България Bulgaria!

No comments:

Post a Comment