Tuesday, December 2, 2014

No ReGraz (June 2014)


In and around Graz in the month of June, or rather, the last half of June. The Multi-Kulti Ball, Schloss Eggenberg, the GBP picnic at Stadtpark, a delightful dinner with my church congregation and a selection of photos from some of the farewells (including photos I owe many of my friends). I figure I still owe people some photos, so please let me know if you want me to send them to you.

It probably makes sense that the Graz Uhrturm on Schlossberg is the album cover. Anyway, here are the last stories in the capital of the state of Styria (Steirermark). I had such a good time here, learnt so much, got to know brothers and sisters from all over the world... which is probably why I still dream of you all the time. But I guess I could say that I left with no ReGraz!

(June 2014)


Multikulti-Ball #1: Was really convinced that there were hints of Paul Simon's Graceland in some of the songs they were performing... I guess it's a compliment to be compared to one of the greatest albums of all time, because they were good :)


Multikulti-Ball #2: You don't get to hear what they're playing, but this little orchestra were getting ready to play Émile Waldteufel's The Skaters' Waltz (Die Schlittschuhläufer-Walzer). Made all the more amazing when people started waltzing to it :D Absolutely loved it ♥♥♥


Multikulti-Ball #3: Stayed behind after the orchestra took a break and managed to hear the voices of the choir. Couldn't understand what they were singing, but as it always proves to be, good music knows no boundaries. Wonder why they had their faces painted white though...?


Thank you Mariya, for being a blessing to my time in Graz. As you head home and then again to the US, I pray that "the Lord of Peace give you peace at all times in every way." May the grace of God be with you, always!  


Peacocks are a commonplace at the Schloss Eggenberg


Schloss Eggenberg


Look what Betina and Geoffrey left for Mariya at the Schloss Eggenberg garden.


Located on the top of the Purberg hill in Mariatrost, the Mariatrost Basilica is very clearly Baroque, with its domes and all. They're also the reason why the basilica stands out from afar.


A very common sight when you look down from most hills in Austria. Little houses on top of a little hill along a little river or lake of some sort. This was on top of Purberg hill outside the basilica. I think that's the Kroisbach there, but I'm not really sure of it.


Up at the Schlossberg, where Geoffrey tied this on the plum tree for Mariya. I like how the Uhrtum is trying to hide in the background.



It's always nice to find a fellow Halloween baby because we're a "rare breed". Saying goodbye to my Bulgarian sister, Betina, for now... I pray that you'll have a great internship back home and that God will always shower you with His blessings! See you in Bulgaria!  


The GBP picnic at Stadtpark... Sadly, there weren't too many of us left :(


Always passionate and full of pride for her National Team and her country! Brazil did you proud last night by beating Chile on penalties; so, well done to them! All the best to your team, Dalicária! Enjoy Croatia and have fun for the rest of your travels until August. Take care and God bless!  


With a really drunk Daniel Otto... Guess he was too overjoyed that the term finally ended for the design students.


With Jonas, the Canon photo expert! If you're searching for the best photos, he's the one you look for!

And a some other photos from the design fella's post-exam party.






My other home in Graz... It's crazy how similar my Church in Graz is to Fort Cannning. Even the chairs were the same!


Adina and Clayton at the awesome church dinner


We're always having fun pulling funny faces. But Sammy's the best at that ;)



Let's do a normal smiley shot :)


Clayton with Pastor Markus


Thank you Pastor Markus for your words of encouragement every Sunday. I'm very grateful to have found a place to worship in Graz!


We all worship the same Almighty Father, even if we don't speak the same language. But, it's still nice to have Adina provide me with translation every Sunday and every Cell Group Wednesday.


Good thing we took this photo, because it really ended up to be the last time I saw you in Graz. Take care Bro!


Mexico deserves a thumbs up for a wonderful performance against Croatia the other night and so does Oscar! It's going to be such a tough game to watch when Mexico play Holland because I want them both to win. But we'll hope for the best and enjoy the beautiful game either way. Take care Bro and may God keep watch over you back home and always bless you!



An honour and privilege to take a photo with the artist, Aneta, and her masterpiece, which really looks straight out from the comics! Hope you're safe and sound back in Slovakia and may God bless you in your coming exams!


Many thanks to my Austrian buddy, Elisabeth, for linking up with me before I came to Graz and giving me good advice for what to expect from my time here. Vielen Dank! :)


No one's drunk here, that's for sure ;)


Hope you're doing well back in Germany. I wonder if people still go down the streets yelling "Deutschland ist Weltmeister"? All the best for your internship in Innsbruck, Ramona! :)


With Janaye, my chaperone from the first day of school


Nein... you left in such a rush, I didn't get to say one last goodbye  Have a safe trip home Niklas. I'll miss those awesome pizzas you made and the jokes you tell while keeping a serious face! For some reason, I didn't get to try the Swedish meat balls the last time you prepared them... Maybe next time. On a side note, this World Cup seriously missed Zlatan  Take care and God bless you in everything! See you in Sweden soon!


Anup and Daniel are all smiles :)


The unforgettable memories, from the crazy turkey to putting that cookie down now, to the wonderful desserts... Geoffrey, thanks for all that. All the best for your upcoming exams and I pray that God will bless you with wisdom. Until next time (when you come to Singapore), Au Revoir, Georgi!


I guess I'm really very light huh?


Cheers to... Geoffrey and his farewell party!


Niklas the masseur, Nar Ges the 2nd masseur and Julia, the happy customer.


My Home Cell Group digging in to the final instalment of weekend food fantasy trilogy! Marcos is clearly enjoying the soup, while his wife, Morgane has just picked up those huge Mattacchione glasses.


Mit meine hauskriese! Thank you brothers and sisters for making me feel at home in Graz and sharing the love of God with everyone around :) And thank you all for your words of encouragement too! The Lord is our Shepherd and we can trust that He'll always be there to keep us from harm.



Determined to get the time right on 2 July morning to make sure I'll get to say "see you in Mexico and Singapore". Thanks Pamela for the delicious Mexican treats and for the awesome Apfelstrudel! Have a wonderful time in Denmark and also a safe trip back home! I pray that God will always bless you in all things! ☆


Kitted out in the Wirtschaft Wunder shirt and bidding farewell to Britta and Christoph from the International Office. Some Bak Kwa from Singapore and some of Giuseppe's Italian coffee as little gifts. Thanks for all the help. Take care and God Bless! Auf Wiedersehen!  


Das Wirtschaftswunder, the little Red dot called Singapore! 

And this was after the last Chicken Rice Dinner... the last one I cooked in the #39 kitchen.


It's always entertaining to watch Goran's little fights with Geoffrey. Thanks for all the fun times and all the laughs, my Croatian brother!


And of course there's the tall and pretty Austrian/German duo!  My German is still really bad but at least I can pick out one or two words every once in a while. Need to continue working on it then. And I know for sure who I'm cheering on tonight. Go Deutschland, Die Mannschaft!  


I'd obviously end this album with a photo with my brothers.
Our last dinner in Greenbox as the Talkative Trio, before we went, "La La La La La La La La La La... Leggo!" to Hungary and back! I really miss our mandatory Italian coffee break on our #39 balcony!

Technically, it wasn't the last of Graz, because I would come back after our Hungarian Road Trip for another 2 awesome Indonesian meals prepared by Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment